Friday, September 18, 2009

Seahorse

Well I have to admit I have had this little guy hanging around ever since Linda Baldock came to visit us. I hadn't quite finished him and wasn't sure what he needed. I came up with the idea of stamping around the edges. Sort of works don't you think?
I downloaded the design from the internet and used a palette knife and Matisse impasto medium to get the skeleton look. Painted inside the skeleton with Matisse paints and then went to work with the Moonglow sprays. Not really sure what colours were used as I borrowed them from Linda. I added different colours of fusible film for the seaweed and finally stamped around the edges with Stampin'Up Ocean Commotions stamp and Stazon.
Cedric as he is now known, is done on a piece of hard board and measures approx. 30cm x 48cm

1 comment:

Linda B said...

well you know how much I love this...you are lucky he didn't travel back with me lol