Sunday, November 8, 2009

Tag Candy

This tag was spread over with gel medium first and then painted with white gesso. When this dried I painted over with iridescent ink. Using Tim Holtz stamps I stamped reindeer/stag?? in versamark and embossed with bronze embossing powder. I used the swirly stamp from the same set and stamped in black. Cut out above said reindeer/stag?? and attach to tag, add the obligitory bling and your done. I have actually forgotten how I achieved the background on this tag but its one of my favorites.
I remember it involved a spray bottle, red ink and a lotta water. I remember it being very wet and hitting it hard with the heat gun, well not actually hitting it, heating it I mean. The result was like a crackle effect. I grunged it up a little with a little Raw umber paint sponged onto it and gave it a sand to reveal some of the white underneath. I used Stampin Up! stamp in black. You can't see it but the gorgeous little birdy is painted white and then with Jo Sonja Opal Dust which gives it a sparkly effect. A little bit of his tail fell off, can you tell? The star is a brad.

1 comment:

Pam Aries said...

Yum.. that IS candy ! I love your tags. Are you coming back to earth after your trip? THe pictures looked so enticing...!