Monday, October 17, 2011

A little inspiration

We all need a little outside inspiration don't we?  A couple of weeks ago I went over to Pages2Scrap my local (aren't I lucky) papercraft store and did a workshop with the amazing Rachel Greig from Darkroom Door.  Here is the finished product:
The canvas measures 20cm x 20cm or 8 x 8 inches and the individual tile measure 5 x 5cm or 2 x 2 inches.  Each tile was treated with a different technique using Viva Decor texture mediums called Terra, Ferro and Croco and Viva Decor Precious Metal Colours.  Here is a close up:


I really enjoyed this workshop and it certainly helped getting the creative juices flowing.  Thanks Rachel!

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Ros, your canvas is beautiful... so many yummy textures in there...

Jenny x

Lesley said...

Hi Ros, Wow, this is beautiful. I love all that texture and eye candy.
So nice to see you had time to create, you always do the nicest things.
Take care and sure have missed visiting you.
Lesley
Happy Fall

shirley said...

Gorgeous canvas Ros.
Wish I lived closer.
I have only used the Precious Metal and can't wait to try the others.

Sorrento said...

Just lovely Ros, great textures and the colours are great.

E Makes Art said...

Ooh, I want to reach through the screen and touch those yummy textures!! How Fun!

ok, so I'm answering your question from your comment from over a week ago (sorry!! my lil one got sick AGAIN!!!) I don't know what kind of trees are in the shadow shots, but they were really lovely! LOL!! Well, I guess you can't really call that an answer, but there it is ;-)

xoEsther

Lizzy Hill said...

Hi Ros ~ dropped in to see what you're doing since you dropped in on mine~ wow, you're reall arty... love this. What a fantastic way to learn & display techniques! I hardly ever get over to Pages2Scrap ~ just a little far away, but love Sarah's S's stuff... one day I'd like to make it to her classes:):) Nice to see another 'coastie' around, to!

Lyn S said...

Lucky you, doing a class with Rachel! Love all the texture, it looks fabulous Ros!

Sarah Feeney said...

Looks great Ros! So glad you had fun at the workshop. :)

Rachel Greig said...

This is awesome Ros!!! So glad you enjoyed the class!